Executive Master’s Degree in Human Resources
The Executive Master’s Degree in Human Resources provides integral training in the area of Human Resources, taking a strategic, global and decidedly practical approach to all of the areas studied. The program is structured into three areas (Organization, People, and Compensation and Benefits), providing participants with the perspective to design and implement the most up-to-date human resource management policies.
Professionals with at least 3 years’ experience in HR and professionals from related fields looking for a career change.
- Duration: From October 2020 through June 2021
- Start of selection process: April 2020
- Timetable: Fridays from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Course type: In Person
- Dedication: Part time
- Total hour: 292 hours (252 teaching hours, 40 hours final report)
- Tuition fees: €15,000 (2019-2020 fees)
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Have acquired and deepened their strategic insight into the HR function.
- Be able to design and implement the entire range of HR policies
- Be able to quantify the contribution of the HR Department to corporate performance using specific indicators.
- Be familiar with and proficient in the use of the latest HR management tools.
- Be able to apply their knowledge and critical skills to the performance of the function.
- Be familiar with latest trends and best practices in HR.
The course is designed to offer the maximum return on efforts made by students who are combining study with their professional activity and aims to optimize the time available, whether in class or private study. The program takes a practical approach with a sound conceptual base, bringing together the experience of the teaching staff and of the students.
Sessions include a balanced mix of individual study and teamwork, using practical case studies to perfect students’ ability to analyze the situation, provide alternatives and deliver viable solutions to real situations and problems. Student experiences are compared (benchmarking) and forums for discussion are created on current issues, facilitating awareness of HR best practices
During the course of the degree, students work on an end-of-degree group project in an area of interest applicable to their respective companies, which is then defended during the final term before a panel made up of members of teaching staff.
- Limited number of students on each program, in order to facilitate the exchange of ideas and experiences between students, teaching staff and guest speakers
- Taught by HR managers and renowned experts in the field who lead Human Resources departments at major companies.
- Practical approach with a sound conceptual base, bringing together the experiences of the teaching staff and students.
- In-depth study of the subjects making up each area.
- Specialized training, tailored to professional needs of each student
The Executive Master’s Degree in Human Resources is divided into five areas:
- Compensation and Benefits
Students interested in the areas of Organization, People or Compensation and Benefits can also study these areas separately.
Student performance is measured using the following assessment methods:
- • Continuous assessment, based on class participation and the resolution of case studies throughout the course.
- • Presentation and defense before a panel of two group projects worked on during the first and second terms.
- • Presentation and defense before a panel of a final individual project.
- • Attendance at more than 80% of teaching sessions.
Obtainment of the “Executive Master’s Degree in Human Resources” will depend on the overall results obtained in the assessments.
In each of the individual areas of expertise, obtainment of the qualification “Specialist in Human Resources” is subject to the continuous assessment grade obtained by the student.