Study at the Center
In light of the growing demand for training, especially from students from the American continent, Centro de Estudios Garrigues wishes to make it easy for anyone interested in participating in its programs to obtain any information they may need.
To encourage admissions from international students or national students who find themselves outside Spain, the selection process (comprising the same stages as the standard selection process) can be completed without traveling to the Center’s headquarters.
The special admission process to study at the Center is aimed at the following candidates:
- Candidates from outside Spain.
- Spanish candidates who find themselves outside Spain for work or study reasons.
Some stages can be completed in the candidate’s country of origin with no need to travel to the Center’s headquarters. To this end, candidates will need to send an application by e-mail to the Admissions Department (email@example.com).
The Admissions Department will contact candidates to define and organize the selection process according to their individual circumstances. Only applications that are expressly justified due to work- or study-related reasons, inability to travel, etc. will be processed.
The special admission process will be indicated in each case by the Admissions Department and may be conducted by videoconference, telephone or any means permitted by new technologies. If necessary, any details of the process that are pending can be finalized or addressed when the candidate travels to Spain to start the program.
The printed and completed application form should be accompanied by the following documentation:
- Full degree transcript (or, if in the final year of degree, sworn declaration of grades or unofficial online transcript)
- Certificates evidencing language proficiency
- Candidate covering letter (using the form included in the application form)
- Two letters of recommendation (format included in the application form) completed and signed by professionals from academia or business. If the person signing the letter is a former student of the Center, only one letter of recommendation will be required.
Candidates for master’s degree programs will be notified of the admission test by letter (with a copy via email), in the order of receipt of their application and in accordance with the admissions test calendar established by the Admissions Department.
Given that places are limited, the final award of a place will require the prospective student, after receiving their (conditional or unconditional) acceptance letter, to pay the amount of the "place reservation" fee indicated in the letter, subject to places still being available when payment is made
In any event, if prospective students do not provide evidence of payment within 15 days of receipt of the acceptance letter, the Center may withdraw the place offered.
On reserving a place, prospective students must provide the following documentation:
- Photocopy of identity card (DNI)
- 1 passport-size photograph
- A certified photocopy, or original for certification at the Center, of the full academic transcript (in the case of master’s programs, and only if not previously provided)
- Direct debit mandate, duly completed
- Billing details form, duly completed
- Copy of the payment voucher evidencing deposit of the place reservation fee
The place reservation fee is nonrefundable. The place reservation fee will only be refunded to candidates with a "conditional acceptance letter" who are unable to evidence that they meet the requirements necessary to access postgraduate studies on the start date of the master’s program
The place reservation fee must be paid by transfer to the account held by the Center at:
Entity number: 0128 / Branch Number 6287 /Check Digit: 13 / Account number: 0101337944
The payment voucher evidencing the transfer must be sent to the Center as soon as possible, by mail or fax, clearly specifying the name of the student and the program applied for. The place will not be reserved until the payment voucher is on file at the Admissions Department.
For other payments, the resulting amount may be paid as follows:
- As a general rule, a single payment of the total amount payable, by bank transfer to the account indicated above, before the start of the course, or by direct debit, in which case the payment will be collected in October.
- Where expressly requested, in two installment payments, by direct debit. The payments will be collected within the first 15 days of October and January.
In any event, the total amount of the academic fees will be considered payable on the first day of the course, regardless of whether or not the payment is deferred, in part, per the envisaged installments.
EU citizens do not need a visa or residence permit to study in Spain. However, international students who do not hold Spanish nationality or non-EU citizens will need to apply for a special student visa at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin.
Student visas are granted to foreign students who can evidence that they have been pre-enrolled or officially admitted to an officially recognized Spanish educational or scientific institution, whether public or private, in order to study or carry out research or training, that is not remunerated, indicating a timetable that involves compulsory attendance and a planned duration of no less than three months, including the approved syllabus, research or training.
The requirements to obtain a visa are:
- Completion of application form at the Consular Office corresponding to the applicant's nationality or legal place of residence
- Three passport-size photographs
- Valid passport with at least 120 days remaining
- Evidence of pre-enrollment or officially admittance as a pupil, student or researcher
- International medical insurance
- The necessary financial means to cover the cost of studies, period of stay and return to home country
- Criminal conviction certificate issued by the authorities of the country of origin or country/countries in which the student has resided in the last five years, as applicable (unless the period of study is less than six months)
Centro de Estudios Garrigues has signed an agreement with Flywire (formerly peerTransfer) in order to facilitate payments by international students. Flywire is a platform that enables secure payments to be made from any country and any bank in the student’s home currency (in most cases).
Payment using Flywire offers the following advantages:
- Quick and secure payment, in the student’s home currency.
- Savings on bank charges and exchange rates.
- Control over payments, from beginning to end, with email confirmation on receipt of payment by Centro de Estudios.
- Non-Spanish students can pay in their home currency, whether by bank transfer or by card.
- 24hr customer support
In order to help you finance your master’s degree, the Center has established a number of agreements with international universities, foundations and financial institutions to help you get funding. If you are interested, you can contact us to find out about the agreements with your country and we will provide you with contacts to help you with the necessary arrangements for access to the master’s degree.
Fundación Carolina (www.fundacioncarolina.es) is the institution that has collaborated the most closely with the Center over the last 10 years, with the aim of offering top students the chance to enroll on one of our master’s degree programs. Please contact us to find out more about the experience of holders of scholarships from the foundation who have studied for a master’s degree at the Center.
You can find support in all countries in which BBVA is present and you can apply in your country of origin: BBVA ESPAÑA, BBVA BANCOMER, BBVA COLOMBIA, BBVA BANCO PROVINCIAL, BBVA CONTINENTAL, BBVA PARAGUAY, BBVA URUGUAY, BBVA BANCO FRANCËS, BBVA CHILE, BBVA PUERTO RICO, BBVA PANAMA
Live in Madrid
Live in Madrid
Studying at Centro de Estudios Garrigues offers you the opportunity to enjoy a unique experience and stay in close contact with the Spanish business community. Networking is one of the main assets of any professional and the Center’s exclusive selection process puts the best students in contact with its prestigious teaching staff, which includes a great many partners from law firm Garrigues.
Moreover, the Center’s location in the center of Madrid also enables students to enjoy a wide variety of cultural and leisure activities, an added attraction for those joining our programs.