Executive Program in Fashion & Law
The fashion industry in its broadest sense (luxury goods, textiles, jewelry, leather goods, accessories, cosmetics and fragrances) is constantly evolving. Structural changes to the industry are generating a need for multidisciplinary and highly specialized advice encompassing a number of traditional legal disciplines that combine to provide comprehensive legal protection for this new market.
• Legal professionals wishing to specialize in the fashion industry.
• Professionals and business owners operating in the fashion and luxury goods industry.
• Advertising and marketing professionals wishing to further their knowledge of the industry.
• Designers and entrepreneurs wishing to improve their management skills from a legal and business standpoint.
- Start: February 2020
- Start of selection process: November 2019
- Timetable: Fridays from 4 p.m. to 8 pm and approximately 7 Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Course type: In Person
- Dedication: Part time
- Total hours: 112 hours
- Tuition fees: €5,900 (2019-2020 fees)
- To gain practical insight into the legal and business aspects of the fashion industry.
- To acquire in-depth knowledge of brands, protection measures and the management of international brand portfolios and other IP rights.
- To understand the different corporate structures used to create start-ups, the internationalization of the business and its sale.
- To understand the basic types of contracts: creation, manufacturing, outsourcing, distribution, agency, advertising, etc.
- To recognize the business opportunities presented by e-commerce and be aware of the legal support required for the correct operation of online sales platforms.
- To study the different tools available to prevent and minimize potential reputational risks that could affect the value of the brand (social networks, user generated content, customer service, etc.).
The Executive Program in Fashion & Law will be taught by leading professionals from the legal and fashion communities.
The teaching structure is based on business cases that reflect the real problems faced by the different industry players (designers, brands, retailers, e-commerce platforms, among others).
Experiential learning: The practical approach adopted in the sessions and the profile of the speakers and students of the program allow for learning through experience, through collaborative participation in case studies.
The program will be taught by esteemed professionals with profound knowledge of the fashion, design and luxury goods industry, able to provide the quality of teaching that Centro de Estudios Garrigues demands.
On completing the program, students will receive a diploma awarded by Centro de Estudios Garrigues.