Executive Online Program - Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Following the entry into force of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) it is now mandatory to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Demand for DPOs is increasingly steadily, both in the public sphere where they are compulsory, as well as in private entities in which their presence is, for the most part, also mandatory.
This online program covers all the areas and subjects required by the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD)-DPO scheme. The subjects are addressed in an agile, dynamic and practical manner, with real world case studies. The teaching staff is of recognized standing, and comprises lawyers, data protection managers, professionals from the field of cybersecurity, privacy experts and ICT managers.
• Professionals with or without prior data protection experience who wish to obtain a Data Protection Officer certification (with the new employment opportunities that this entails)
• Professionals who wish to acquire more specific knowledge of or expertise in data protection, such as:
- Data protection managers.
- Legal advisors (ICT lawyers, among others).
- Compliance managers.
- Security managers.
- Quality managers.
- Experts in the auditing of information systems.
- Information technology managers and web developers.
- Consultants or executives who as part of their duties or whose organizations need to be familiar with ITC law.
- Duration: 4.5 months (October 2020 – February 2021)
- Type of course: ONLINE with supervision
- Total number of hours: 180
- Tuition fees: €2,300 (2019-2020)
(*) In order to obtain the official Data Protection Officer certificate from the Spanish Data Protection Agency, in addition to attending and passing this training program, you also need to pass the exam of one of the entities certified by the National Certification Entity (ENAC) in accordance with UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard and in the field of application of the Data Protection Officer Certification Scheme.