MBA in Sports Business & Law *
The sports industry is experiencing exponential growth in all areas, from club revenue from audiovisual rights, sponsorship and operation of sporting events, to revenues in all related sectors, such as sportswear, sports betting and the construction and refurbishment of infrastructure.
This growth has established the industry’s place as a break-out sector within the GDP of certain countries, such as Spain, whose top championship LaLiga has seen aggregate revenue soar 60% over a five-year period.
Part of this growth is due to the international expansion actively pursued both by soccer clubs in welcoming foreign investors and by the respective championships themselves in raising their profile in other countries and continents, to make themselves more attractive to global sponsors.
In short, we are witnessing a very special time in the sports industry, in which great strides are being made at a dizzying pace. Moreover, global competition is becoming even tougher, which calls for much more complex solutions and the swift professionalization of the entire industry.
Conscious of this situation, Centro de Estudios Garrigues (a highly-respected teaching institution in the Spanish and international business community), and LaLiga Business School, has designed the MBA in Sports Business & Law, specifically intended to train future industry professionals at global level on the most complex technical and current and coming up issues, something never before covered in a specialized training program.
*Teaching not conducive to obtaining a degree with official value
Graduates in Law, Economics, Business Studies, Marketing and Communication or Sports Sciences, although other graduates are welcome, wishing to hold positions of responsibility in the sports industry.
- To acquire in-depth knowledge of all specialist areas relating to the management and supervision of sports-related entities, to enable students to pursue their professional career in the industry.
- To gain insight into the management practices of clubs, competitions, federations, government sports institutions and industry businesses.
- To offer a practical approach, ensuring all theoretical aspects are illustrated with meaningful examples to enable students to better grasp each issue analyzed.
On successful completion of the master’s degree, students will be awarded an “MBA in Sports Business & Law” from Centro de Estudios Garrigues and LaLiga Business School.
- Duration: From October 2020 through June 2021
- Start of selection process: From November 2019
- Timetable: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Thursday
- Course type: In Person
- Dedication: Full time
- Tuition fees: €25,000 (2019-2020 fees)
- Total credits: 60 ECTS
- Teaching language: English