Executive Program in Compensation and Benefits
The compensation and benefits function has taken on increasing prominence, going from a largely unknown area to one of the professions most in demand within human resources departments. Starting with an introduction to the organizational model and based on the principles of internal fairness and external competitiveness, aspects of compensation are studied, taking into consideration a range of methodologies and tools that enable students to tackle the most common compensation management scenarios.
Subjects are approached in a holistic way, taking into account the tax repercussions and impact on the company’s income statement, since sound management of performance indicators facilitates greater integration of the human resources function into corporate strategy.
The program concludes with the presentation of two case studies from industry and top tier companies that allow students to apply the knowledge they have acquired.
Professionals with HR experience and professionals from related fields looking for a career change.
- Start: April 2020
- Start of selection process: November 2019
- Timetable: Fridays from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Course type: In Person
- Dedication: Part time
- Total hours: 100 hours
- Tuition fees: €6,000
A 25% discount will apply to registrations of two or more professionals from the same organization and a 30% discount will be applied for the Center's alumni of long-lasting programs.
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Have acquired and deepened their strategic insight into the compensation and benefits function.
- Be able to design and implement the entire range of HR policies concerning compensation and benefits.
- Be able to quantify the contribution of the HR Department to company results using specific indicators.
- Be familiar with and proficient in the use of the latest compensation and benefits management tools.
- Be able to apply their knowledge and critical skills to the performance of the function.
- Be familiar with latest compensation and benefits trends and best practices.
The teaching staff is made up of distinguished professionals from Garrigues and from leading companies and professional services firms.
Students will receive extensive practical documentation on all aspects covered by the course.
Student performance will be measured by the resolution of a final case study based on the program content, to be presented before a panel.
Obtainment of the qualification “Specialist in Compensation and Benefits” and the final grade will depend on the overall results achieved in the assessments and on attendance of at least 80% of teaching sessions.
The Center offers the following services to Executive Master’s Degree students:
- Careers Department
- This department aims to further the professional career of students at the Center at all levels. It provides advice on professional development and manages an active job vacancy and listings service based on the opportunities offered to the Center.