Master of Laws in International Transactions
(LL.M. in International Transactions)
The law firm Garrigues, in collaboration with Centro de Estudios Garrigues, Universidad de Nebrija and Fordham University (one of the oldest legal institutions in the U.S.) has designed an LL.M. program specializing in international transactions and business law.
The LL.M. in International Transactions provides experienced lawyers with global, multidisciplinary training and knowledge of the Common Law system and in different business law disciplines.
The ongoing internationalization of business transactions calls for lawyers with multidisciplinary training, a global outlook and specific knowledge of the principles and fundamentals of Common Law.
Against this backdrop, in order to develop their careers, lawyers need to acquire specific skills and knowledge of the international legal situation on the ground, as well as of the legal implications of simultaneously applying laws across several jurisdictions.
The program helps supplement the legal training of reasonably experienced lawyers, in line with the current international business environment. Such specialist training is, in itself, key to future economic and social development.
The program is aimed at talented professionals with at least three years’ proven experience at corporations or law firms who wish to pursue an international career, with a view to providing them with comprehensive and systematic knowledge of international legal practice.
- Duration: From October to June
2 weeks: Study period at Fordham Law School
7 months: Online Training:
7 weeks: Study period at Centro de Estudios Garrigues
- Start of selection process: November 2019
- Course type: Study period at Fordham Law School+ Online Training+ Study period at Centro de Estudios Garrigues
- Dedication: Part time
- Total hours: Total program 60 ECTS
- Tuition fees: €30,000. (tasas 2019-2020) (This fee includes accommodation during the study period at Fordham University in New York).
The LL.M. aims to provide suitable training, with a decidedly international focus, to global lawyers with extensive technical knowledge of their area of expertise.
The course offers a comprehensive, systematic, practical and current analysis of cross-border M&A deals, corporate finance transactions and international contracts, comparing different legal systems. The program will enhance their ability to advise international clients and to offer solutions to cross-border jurisdictional cases and disputes.
- The course is designed to maximize returns on the effort made by each student, ensuring the program is compatible with their professional activity. With this in mind, the LL.M. in International Transactions is taught from a practical perspective, combining the experiences of the teaching staff and the students themselves.
- The program combines on-site training in New York and Madrid, and the provision of content through virtual sessions.
- Students are taught a balanced mix of legal study and practical case studies in order to enhance their ability to come up with alternatives and suggest innovative solutions.
- The program is developed mostly in English. Some sessions or virtual content may be in Spanish.
The teaching staff is comprised of notable practitioners who lead international transactions and appear in the most prestigious legal rankings, as well as eminent international academics
The assistants will receive a wide and practical documentation in which all the aspects treated in the course will be collected.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded an official recognized Diploma of Master of Laws in international transactions from Universidad de Nebrija.
Students will also receive a diploma accrediting their studies at Fordham School of Law.
The course includes workshops on areas of legal expertise, offering a global overview of advisory services in international transactions and taking an eminently practical approach.